BharOS is actually based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), so it’s similar to Android and quite different from iOS.
Image credit source: Focus News India
When we talk about mobile operating systems, only Android And iOS Just come to mind. Finally, Google And apple Both these operating software are world market leaders. Now, India has also developed a new operating system of its own. Developed by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras,”trustHe came to earth on Thursday.
Developed by J&K Operations Pvt Ltd and incubated at IIT Madras, BharOS can be installed on commercial off-the-shelf devices. The press release states that it is the most ideal OS for organizations that deal with confidential information and need extra security.
Today’s big news
IIT Madras director V Kamakoti said on the occasion that the BharOS service is a mobile operating system built on trust, giving users more freedom, control and flexibility to choose and use apps as per their needs. Attention has been given.
How is BharOS different from Android and iOS operating software?
- BharOS is actually based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), so it’s similar to Android and quite different from iOS. The difference between Android and BharOS is that BharOS does not include any Google services in the latter, allowing users to download any application of their choice.
- BharOS comes without any pre-installed applications, giving users the option to download APK files that are easily available on the internet. However, such files can be potentially dangerous for your device.
- According to Karthik Iyer, director of JNK Operations Pvt Ltd, BharOS provides “native over the air” (NOTA) updates, which help keep the device secure. He also said that in the absence of Google Play services, trusted apps can be downloaded from certain Private App Store Services (PAAS) on trusted devices.
- The specific private app store service provides a curated list of apps that have been thoroughly vetted and meet the organizations’ specific security and privacy standards, the press release said. This means that users can be sure that the apps they install are safe to use.
- BharOS’s default browsing and messaging apps are DuckDuckGo and Signal third-party services. Currently, it is not clear whether the BharOS team will develop BharOS-powered phones with manufacturers.
Claims to be more secure than both Android and iOS
BharOS can run all Android apps though, and thus is closer to the Android ecosystem than iOS. For now, it is unclear when the operating software will be available to the public and whether it will be available to regular users. In the press release, its makers said that they can benefit 100 crore smartphone users in India with their OS. Its makers also say that BharOS is more secure than both Android and iOS and can improve the battery life of each device.
No idea about this stuff
Currently there are no phones with BharOS pre-installed, so users have to install it manually. But there is still no clarity on how to achieve this. We also know nothing about the scope of future BharOS security updates. Apart from this, currently there are no details available about the release date of BharOS. In the coming weeks, the BharOS team is likely to partner with Android original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to launch phones with the operating system.