The England cricket team arrived in Pakistan for the 7-match T20I series, England’s first tour of the country in 17 years.
Image Credit Source: Twitter/England Cricket
The 17 year wait is over. For the first time since 2005 England cricket team Stepped on the soil of Pakistan. To prepare themselves just ahead of the T20 World Cup, the England cricket team reached Karachi on Thursday, September 15 for a series of 7 T20 matches. The England tour was eagerly awaited by all and now it has come true. English captain reached Pakistan Jos Buttler Whatever you say, he won the hearts of the entire Pakistan including the Pakistani fans.
Jos Buttler’s announcement won hearts
On reaching Karachi, England cricket team captain Jos Buttler addressed a press conference, where he expressed his curiosity about the series. Along with this, he also responded to his team’s demands for the series. Not only that, he also announced help for distressed Pakistan. Read highlights of Butler’s press conference here-
- Talking about the England team’s visit to Pakistan after a long time, Buttler said, “We are all very excited to be here. It feels great to be here as England cricket team after so long.
- Announcing the aid to Pakistan’s flood victims, Butler said, “It is a difficult time for the people of Pakistan to face the floods.” As a team we are donating some amount. The Board (England and Wales Cricket Board) will also pay the same amount. This is a small effort to help the needy people.
- Which team is stronger in the seven-match series? In response to this question, Buttler said that his team is not very strong against Pakistan in this series and the host team is also very strong. Butler said, both teams have many match winners.
- On Pakistan’s deadly fast bowling attack, Buttler said – I rate Pakistan’s fast bowlers very highly. Pakistan is a country that has consistently produced excellent fast bowlers throughout its history.
- Butler also said that many England cricket team players in Pakistan have played in the Pakistan Super League in the past and they have given positive feedback and said from their experience that the people of Pakistan love the game very much.