Babar Azam played an unbeaten innings of 110 off just 66 balls and put on a 203-run stand with Mohammad Rizwan to give Pakistan a memorable victory.
Image credit source: PTI-AP
Pakistan captain Babar Azam All in all, he has given his fans a chance to be happy. Criticized for lack of runs and slow batting after a flop show in the Asia Cup, the star batsman silenced both critics in one innings. In the second T20I match against England, Babar Azam ended his one-month drought with a brilliant 62-ball century. not only that, Mohammad Rizwan Together with Babar, in the second T20I, Babar led Pakistan to a memorable victory by 10 wickets.
The second T20 match in Karachi was rained out on Thursday, September 22. Batting first, England made a big score of 199 runs. In reply, Pakistan won by 10 wickets in a spectacular manner without losing any wicket on the strength of the opening pair of captain Babar and Rizwan.
Babar’s century, Pakistan’s win – big talk
- Babar Azam scored the second century of T20 career. Babar completed his century in just 62 balls. He returned unbeaten on 110 off 66 balls, which included 11 fours and 5 sixes.
- Through this, Babar became the first Pakistani batsman to score two centuries in international T20. Babar scored his first century against South Africa.
- Not only that, Babar also ended the ongoing drought for the last one month. Babar, who could not reach 50 even once in seven consecutive innings, ended this wait with a stunning century.
- Babar Azam also scored the tenth century of his career as a captain. He became the Pakistani batsman with the most centuries as a captain.
- Apart from Babar, Mohammad Rizwan also played a brilliant innings and scored his 19th career half-century. Rizwan remained unbeaten on 88 runs off 51 balls.
- Babar and Rizwan combined for 203 runs without losing any wickets and won the match by 10 wickets. Both of them set a new record for the highest pair of run chases. Earlier this record was 197 runs.
- It was the fifth 150+ run partnership between Rizwan and Babar. There is no one around this pair either. Indian legends Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan have formed such a pair twice.
- As a result, Pakistan became the first team in the history of T20 cricket to reach the target of 200 runs or more without losing a wicket.
- Pakistan won the match by 10 wickets for the second time in T20 cricket. Earlier in the World Cup last year, he had beaten India and in that match too, Babar and Rizwan were the only openers.