Share market: Dalal street turned red due to these, investors lost Rs 4 lakh crore in two days. Share Market: 7 Reasons Lal Dalal Street, 2 Days Investors Sink Rs 4 Lakh Crores
The Sensex closed down 632.45 points at 59,173.83 points. On the other hand, National Stock Exchange’s flagship Nifty closed down 176.70 points at 17,412.90 points.
stock market Broke for the second day in a row. If today’s 600 points are consolidated, in two days, the Sensex has seen a fall of over 1100 points. due to stock market Investors lost more than Rs 4 lakh crore. If we talk about today, the Sensex closed down 632.45 points at 59,173.83 points. On the other hand, National Stock Exchange’s flagship Nifty closed down 176.70 points at 17,412.90 points.
The main reason for today’s decline is the 60 percent fall in shares of American Silicon Valley Bank. Due to which the investors of Indian stock market today have faced losses of more than 2 lakh crore rupees. Let’s talk about the 8 reasons why the stock market has fallen.
These 8 reasons why the stock market fell today
- Effect of Fall on SVB: Shares of US bank SVB Financial Group, which invests in early-stage startups, fell 60 percent, shedding more than $80 billion from the bank’s market capitalization. This is a US-specific issue though. This fall has had an impact not only on other stocks on Wall Street, but also on stock markets around the world.
- Bank stocks fall: The major decline in Silicon Valley banks is due to a decline in bank stocks around the world Talking about India, shares of HDFC and HDFC Bank fell more than 2 percent while the PSU Bank index also fell 2 percent.
- Decline in revenue share: Adani Enterprises fell as much as 4 percent on the Nifty. 6 out of 10 shares of Adani were negative. The rally in Adani’s shares seems to be waning, due to investments by GQG partners and prepayments of loans made by the group.
- The Fed’s Fears: Fears of the Fed’s decision are also haunting the stock market. 78 percent believe the Fed could raise 50 basis points at the upcoming policy meeting. Investors await Friday’s February jobs data that could help decide how big of an interest rate hike the U.S. Fed will raise at its next meeting in two weeks.
- Fall in foreign markets: The impact of the global stock market has also been seen in the Indian market. The Nasdaq fell more than 2 percent. The benchmark S&P 500 and Dow fell close to 2 percent last night. Japan’s Nikkei was trading down 1.7 percent and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was down 2.6 percent.
- Depreciation of Rupee: The rupee fell 8 paise to 82.14 against the US dollar in early trade today. The dollar index is trading above 105 points today.
- FIIs sold: Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) were net sellers in the stock market on Thursday, selling shares worth Rs 561.78 crore, according to exchange data.
Today’s big news
Leave a Reply