EPFO: Pensioners Can Now Submit Life Certificate Online Anytime, Know How
If the pensioners cannot go themselves, they can avail the doorstep service. At this post office facility, the postman or postman comes to the pensioner’s home and submits the life certificate. Apart from post office this facility is also available at banks.
This is good news for pensioners. Now they can submit their life certificate online any time of the year. Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has announced this. Earlier this facility was not available. The life certificate had to be submitted before the specified time, otherwise the pension was likely to stop. In a tweet, EPFO has given information on online submission of life certificate. In the tweet, EPFO wrote that pensioners can now submit their life certificates at any time of the year, which will be valid for 1 year from the date of submission.
Keeping in mind the benefits of pensioners, EPFO has launched Digital Life Certificate. No need to go to bank or pension agency for this. Pensioners can submit online from anywhere. The mode in which the life certificate is submitted offline or online is equally valid.
What did EPFO say?
EPS’95 pensioners can now submit the life certificate anytime which will be valid for 1 year from the date of submission.#EPFO #Pension #Amrithamhotsav @amrita mohotsav pic.twitter.com/BNR79gCwjv
— EPFO (@socialepfo) August 28, 2022
EPFO has given all the information in its tweet, which facilitates the pensioner to submit the life certificate. According to EPFO, pensioners can submit their life certificates digitally at pensioner’s bank, Common Service Centre, India Post Payment Bank, Post Office, Postman, UMANG App and nearest EPFO office.
If the pensioners cannot go themselves, they can avail the doorstep service. At this post office facility, the postman or postman comes to the pensioner’s home and submits the life certificate. Apart from post office this facility is also available at banks. You must first apply for this service.
To submit life certificate online, applicant must have PPO number, Aadhaar number, bank account details, mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
Submit bio proof through Umang app
- Pensioner should visit Jeevan Pramaan Portal (https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/).
- After installing and launching the software, he needs to enter the mobile number and Aadhaar number. Now the “Generate OTP” button has to be clicked after which the pensioner will get a one-time password on his Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Now he has to enter the received OTP and click on “OK” button.
- After successful verification, the identity of the pensioner will be authenticated. Now the pensioner will be redirected to the next tab where he has to enter mandatory details like pensioner name, PPO number, type of pension, approving authority, disbursing agency, organization and account number (pension).
- Now the pensioner has to select re-employed or re-married and tick the check box to consent.
- Now he/she has to click on “Scan Finger” option and then complete the biometric authentication through finger/iris scanning.
- In effective biometric authentication, digital life certificate will be generated successfully. A Jeevan Praman ID will be generated and an SMS will be sent to the pensioner’s registered mobile number for verification.
- The pensioner can print the life certificate by clicking on “Print” button and the digital life certificate will automatically be digitally transferred or deposited in the PDA.
I have my life certificate signed by India Consulate and I would like to update it in my file with you. Which email address should I send that to?