Despite the increasing growth of SUVs, sedans are also selling well in the Indian car market. As of October 2022, the sedan has sold a total of 36,100 units. Maruti Suzuki Dzire became the best selling car beating Honda Amaze and Hyundai Aura.
Image Credit Source: Maruti Suzuki
SUV Despite the strong growth of cars, people’s confidence in sedans is still intact. Talking about the sedan car sales in October 2022, the total sales were 36,100 units. This figure is 56.09 percent higher than the 23,127 units sold in October last year. there itself, Maruti Suzuki Dzire It has become the best selling car in India. A total of 12,321 units were sold last month. In terms of sales, it has also left established models like Honda Amaze and Hyundai Aura behind. Let’s also see why Maruti Dzire is the first choice of people.
A total of 9 variants of Maruti Suzuki Dzire are available in the market. Apart from petrol, the company also sells its CNG version. If we talk about the price, the Dzire’s ex-showroom price ranges from Rs 6.24 lakh to Rs 9.18 lakh. At this price, customers get great features like 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 4.2-inch multi-color MID, cruise control, automatic LED headlights. It gets a 1.2 liter dual jet petrol engine. Whereas, its CNG variant gives a mileage of 31.12 km/kg.
Top 5 Best Selling Sedan Cars: These Cars Dominate October 2022
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire: Maruti Dzire has become India’s number 1 sedan car. It sold 12,321 units in October 2022, compared to just 8,077 units sold in October last year. Maruti sold 4,244 more units this year with a growth of 52.54 percent.
- Honda Amaze: At number two is the Honda Amaze sedan. It sold a total of 5,443 units last month. Whereas, only 3,009 units were sold in October 2021. Thus, Honda has sold 2,434 units more this time with an excellent growth of 80.89 percent.
- Hyundai Aura: South Korean car company Hyundai’s Amaze model is ranked third in terms of sales. A total of 4,248 units were sold in October this year compared to 2,701 units in October last year. This time the company sold 1,547 more units, increasing by 57.28 percent.
- Tata Tiger: The Tata Tigor grabbed the fourth spot with a huge growth of 190.56 percent in sales. It sold 4,001 units in October this year. Whereas, only 1,377 units were sold in October 2021. Tata has sold 2,624 more units this year.
- Honda City: The popular Honda City has long been the fifth best selling sedan in India in the sedan segment. Last month, it sold a total of 3,250 units. Whereas, in October 2021, 3,611 units were sold. Honda City sales fell by 10 percent.